THE ADVENTURES OF A HALF COCKED SUCKER

It's not easy being a gay comic book geek with a sexy edge.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Have you ever wished you could to jump through a phone and kick the person on the other end in the face?
I have had that happen twice today.
The joy of working in a callcenter.
The first was a perky cheerful guy..... the conversation went like this....

ME: Order Processing, My name is Eric. How can I assist you?
GUY: HI! Eric?
ME: Yes?
GUY: This is Chuck!
(Long pause as I try to figure out who Chuck is)
ME: ..................ok. Hi Chuck.
GUY: How is it going Buddy?
ME: Ummm.... Ok. Is there something I can help with?
GUY: Yeah.... seems-

And then he finally got into what the issue was. I just hate it when people are too chipper with strangers over the phone. I was thinking it was a co-worker or something.... and he confused me. It irked me.

Next...... the person who would benifet most from my foot to the face form of justice...... Miss Mumble.

ME: And how can I assist you?
MUMBLE: Gurhunguen ngsbngs hsifiema maimfe $18.98
ME: Ummmm...... $18.98? Your balance?
MUMBLE: Huhgh! thrjngi sdne snfisdmo mfnguir $18.98

and this went on for 5 minutes until I finally figured out what she wanted. By then though, I was too far gone to be kind. I just hung up with anger and a dream of smashing her face with my foot


">
(<$BlogItemCommentCount$>) comments




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home