THE ADVENTURES OF A HALF COCKED SUCKER

It's not easy being a gay comic book geek with a sexy edge.

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

It's the middle of the week. Wed. New Comic book day.
Normally I am amped by the half way mark in the week. Lunch break walk to the comic book shop always makes me happy. It's a slice of calm during this hectic / stressful period of my life. I have my usual titles that I get monthly. CATWOMAN, JLA, BATMAN, THE OUTSIDERS, WONDERWOMAN and MYSTIQUE are my regulars. Then there are the mini-series that pop up. Sometimes they lure me in. Sometimes. But that's part of the experence. Going over the shelf, taking in the cover art.... Sometimes you get lucky and discover some amazing stuff. Then again, sometimes it's a steaming pile of shit ( JLA - SCARY MONSTERS ).
I try to get my people into comics but it never really happens. The stigma lingers that they're kid fare. Read the first 15 issues of the "Catwoman" series and tell me that it's kid stuff. WE'RE TALKING AMAZING NOIR WORK HERE!!!! Being a masculine gay guy with a mohawk and tattoos and a obsessive love for comics and sci-fi makes me feel a bit isolated. I have a hard time talking to guys because I'm not into the gym, circut parties and that kinda shit and I have yet to meet a fella who shares my interest..... but there is Jason.
Jason understands my passion though he doesn't share it. I think it endears me to him. There have been times when I've seen him right after hitting the comic shop and as I gush over my new books his smile says it all. ( OK - MORE ABOUT JASON AND BEING MELTED BY HIS SMILES LATER ) I realize that while my passion may not be shared, there are those who will not see it as being a scarlet letter of geekdom. Sure, I've always wanted a boy who'd be just as into it as me. We'd smoke a joint as we lay on the bed reading our new books, talking them over, debate the art.... radiohead playing....... Yeah, that'd be sweet.
Got sick this week willingly. Small price to pay for Jason's kisses. So I'm home from work, being bored and unable to just sleep it out. At some point I'll venture out for the new comics and some cough syrup.... but it's not going to change the mood this week has. Nothing will change the fact that I finally found the person I've been longing for - and his life is taking him away just as we're understanding what we could be to eachother.
Everything is grey.
SLOW LIKE HONEY AND HEAVY WITH MOOD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home